The relevant legislation in relation to the processing of data is:
- the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the GDPR);
- the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (as may be amended by the proposed Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications); and
- any legislation that, in respect of the United Kingdom (UK), replaces, or enacts into UK domestic law, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the proposed Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications or any other law relating to data protection, the processing of personal data and privacy as a consequence of the UK leaving the European Union.
We collect information in two ways:
Providing personal information is optional and can only be done by completing the enquiry form on the website, sending us an email, or by calling us on the telephone.
We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your query and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
The types of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Your enquiry or requirements
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
We monitor activity on the website using Google Analytics. This system provides website usage reports which allows us to see how visitors interact with the website so we can improve the visitor experience.
This service does not collect sensitive information. Typically it collects the following:
- IP Address
- Operating System
- Browser Type
- Browsing actions and patterns
If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics you can download this browser add on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
A cookie is a simple text file containing a unique identifier stored on the visitors computer. The cookie does not contain any sensitive information.
How to block cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- Internet Explorer – you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”
- Firefox – you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites
- Chrome – you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading
A complete list of browsers and how to block cookies can be found here: About Cookies